My favorite place: Breakheart Reservation




I have been going to Breakheart Reservation located in Wakefield Massachusetts for years now. One of my best friends introduced me to the spot and since then it has become my favorite place. The trail consists of following a simple and easy path that takes no more than fifteen minutes to reach the top. At the top of Breakheart, the highest point is marked with a compass around it and to the east you can see Boston. I have only shown Breakheart, to close friends and family, as it is a special place. Breakheart helps me clear my head. Sometimes I go up by myself and bring a book to read. Other times I don't bring anything and enjoy the silence besides the peaceful sounds of nature. I'll close my eyes and feel the breeze on my face. When I go with my friends or family its often to watch the beautiful sunset, none of which have ever been the same. 




Photo taken after the sun had just set. The clouds are my favorite part of this picture. (image information: personal photo taken on August 11, 2019)


First time I showed my sister breakheart and one of the best sunsets I had seen there. (image information: personal photo taken on August 11, 2019)







Photo taken during the beginning of fall of me at breakheart. (image information: personal photo taken on November 5, 2017)



Isn't the exact view of the Boston skyline from Breakheart but this photo is roughly what the skyline looks like shortly after sunset. (image information: source is Wiki media commons)



Comments

  1. This post was very enjoyable to read. Since i was young my mother has been bring my sister and i up our local mountain "Mount Kearsarge" it like yours is only a simple hike of 15 minutes but the top is unbelievable. Sadly mine is not open the night due to wild bears and mountain cats (there was an attack one year on some high school students and no one was allowed back at that hour.) But to find the best sunset in the concord area I suggest going to Pats Peak ski area when there is no snow. My friend max and I would hike up the trails of pats peak and watch the sunset which was absolutely unreal and breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked when you talked about how Breakheart helps you clear your head and how sometimes you bring a book to read or just go and enjoy the silence. This really resonated with me because although I chose a beach as my favorite spot in nature, it helps me clear my head and I'll bring a book to read or just relax to the sound of the waves. I have never heard of Broken Heart but it sounds lovely. I love the photos you chose to put in this blog post, the sunsets look beautiful and you are right not one are ever the same. The skyline of Boston seems like it would be an amazing view from Breakheart. I have seen the Boston lights from mountains up north but never a Boston skyline like that. I also have a similar place in my town with a quick hike/trail to the top that even has sculptures along the trail which I find pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wolf Sanctuary

Application #3: Profile a Figure in U.S. Environmental History